Pinterest Twitter Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

January 19, 2014

Wearing Green for Uncle Jimmy

Normally I post about education and new products. But today I am posting about a person who I have never actually met.

I'm talking about my husband's Uncle Jimmy who lives in Georgia. During the time I've been with my husband, it has just never worked out for me to meet everyone (I'm tellin' ya, his family is BIG). However, family is incredibly important to both myself and my husband and we all try to stay in touch through the amazing internet.

Recently, Uncle Jimmy was diagnosed with brain cancer. I don't want this post to be a sad one. He's fighting through it and has a lot of people supporting him. He has asked for everyday he has unusual tests or bloodwork done, that we wear green to support him. That's what this post is about. We want to send him pictures of his supporters wearing green. I'm wearing green! I've never met him! So, put on a green shirt, a green bracelet, some green socks... whatever! And send me a picture! We want him to stay strong and how amazing would it make him feel to know that there are people out there that care about him and his struggles... even if they don't know him.


My husband has a YouTube channel that is completely unrelated to what I use my blog for. However, he says it nicely in his video... so watch the video... and send us your photos! My email is daisydesignstpt@gmail.com and my husband's email address is in the video. Tweet the photos, too! #WearingGreenforUncleJimmy @daisydesignstpt @brutallstatic. Make someone's day, week, month, or year... just by wearing green.


Thank you! I'll share a post with all your awesome photos soon. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment