Pinterest Twitter Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

February 8, 2015

What Are Your Party Plans? A Valentine's Day Linky!

I just finished up planning for this week. I am usually more ahead of the game than this, but I still hadn't quite decided on all the things I wanted to do for our Valentine's Day Party! I think I finally came up with a plan and I thought, I wanna know what ya'll are doing, too! So....


Link up your blog posts at the bottom of my post to share with others your classroom party plans! And keep reading... there's a freebie for you in this post! (Maybe like 20 freebies!).


Our day will start with making our mailboxes! I have a few students this year who I know will not be able to bring any sort of home made mailbox from home, which is what I had my students do last year. So this year, we will be making them in the classroom. I decided on a paper bag mailbox, to save on money and time. Here are some pins I found that I'm going by!


This pin is from greylikesbaby.com. Obviously these were not made by kindergarteners, but you get the idea. Click the image to pin it yourself and see the original pin.

I am planning on whipping out my handy dollar store sorting trays (AKA, chip and dip trays), to put different craft supplies in to really jazz up the mailboxes. I'm thinking stickers, stamps, markers (best teacher ever!), glitter glue, pom poms, and plastic gems. Any other suggestions? Maybe ribbon!

Here's a picture of my sorting tray being used as a center. I can't wait to fill these babies with fun craft supplies!


Then moving on to Valentine's Day centers!! I will have some help that day, with my sister-in-law coming in to volunteer! She wants to be a teacher, too. :) She's going to help the kiddos decorate Rice Krispy Treats with icing! I scored some free pink, red, and white icing tubes at a teacher supply store so that will help! I got the recipe for the treats off of Kellogg's website! Click the image below to see it.



I also will have a high school volunteer who comes to my classroom every other day. He is great with the kids! I am going to have him run a Valentine's Day Bingo center, with this awesome freebie I found from Tamsyn Fegan's TpT store! Click the image below to get it for yourself!



I found it through an awesome Instagram loop where I scored 20 FREEBIES for February! Click the image below to go to my Instagram and find the matching picture! Then just click through to get your goodies! (This is much easier on a phone, by the way...).


Here's the freebie I linked up! Click the image below to snag a great morning work or center activity for this fun week!

FREEBIE!

I also have a para on that day for about an hour, so I thought she could run a craft center! I found these adorable paper plate hats on Pinterest and since I have a plethora of paper plates that are collecting dust, I thought this would be a great one to add in on our special day!

Here's a picture of the original pin. Click the image to pin it yourself and to see the original post from alphamom.com.

So with Autumn running a Rice Krispy Treat center, my high school volunteer running a Bingo center, and my para running a craft center, what will I be doing? Oh, you know, just a Valentine's Day Minute to Win It Center!!!

I found this pin today from makoodle.com, and I just about jumped out of my chair! There are 5 Minute to Win It activities for Valentine's Day! My kids will freak out!! Click the image below to check them out and pin it yourself!


And then of course, there will be my favorite part of the day: exchanging valentines! And of course, eating those delicious Rice Krispy Treats!!!

What are your Valentine's Day plans for your class this year? Use the image below in your post and be sure to include a link to this original post! I can't wait to read all of your great ideas!! BLOG POSTS ONLY PLEASE! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment