Pinterest Twitter Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

March 22, 2014

Sweet Baby Daisy

I've been asked why my blog is called Daisy Designs, so I've decided to post a "history of..." type post to answer that question and hopefully give you some SUPER CUTENESS to enjoy on your weekend.

Well, my name is Amanda, not Daisy. My sweet dog's name is Daisy! She is in my TpT logo photo as well as my Google+ profile picture. I'm working on a better button, so I don't currently have one but if I did, she'd be in that, too!



This is a fairly recent picture of Daisy. She is a Chihuahua through and through. She has an annoying bark and uses it all the time at anything. I swear, she barks at silence sometimes. I love it and I hate it. ;)



This is Daisy the day we got her!

My mother and I got Daisy for my husband as a birthday gift in February of 2011.
My husband (at the time, boyfriend) had just had life-altering surgery. He was diagnosed with a rare heart condition called Brugada Syndrome. By clicking the link, you can read more about it.
He was sad and down, out of work for a while, and lonely while I worked long hours. We had also just gotten rid of a dog we were taking care of and I knew Ryan wanted a puppy. He was a lover of big dogs, but I just couldn't get a big dog. We were living in a "mother-in-law" guest house type place which was only about 200 square feet, so a little dog was pushing it. But we went for it! My mom had the idea and we found a lady who was selling chihuahua puppies for $100! We took Ryan to go pick one out and he instantly chose this little lady and named her Daisy.


Look how tiny!!! That's my husband's foot, so you can see the size comparison.

We got Daisy when she was 5 months old. She was born in August 2010 and is currently 3 and a half years old! I can't believe it.

Here are some more baby pictures.


In the upper right corner, that's my friend Adam showing us that he could in fact eat Daisy in 1 bite because she's so small!

The other puppy in the bottom pictures is our other puppy, Pudgy! We got her in June of 2011 when she was 2 months old. We are puppy addicts! She is our chunky monkey and the snuggliest dog in the world. She is about twice that size now. I call her a "Monster Chihuahua" because she's so big! Daisy hasn't grown much since we got her. She's still only about 5 pounds, while Pudgy weighs in a whopping 12!


I love that sleeping picture of Daisy and the one of her all soapy in the bath! Both my dogs HATE water.
Pudgy had to have surgery on her leg in 2012 when she was still just a little baby! That's her with her bandages on in the bottom left picture. Try keeping a puppy still. Just try.

So there ya have it! Now you can see who I named my TpT store and blog after. I toyed around with naming is Pudgy Products after my other chihuahua, but it sounded like a weight loss program, so I went with naming it after my sweet baby Daisy!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment