Pinterest Twitter Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

March 5, 2014

Half Way There!

Today was my mid-point for my current (and final!) internship. I was a little nervous. I mean imagine two of the people who hold your future in their hands in the next room talking about you! But it went great and I couldn't be happier. My supervising teacher and my internship coordinator both said I'm doing great and well on my way to becoming a great teacher! I am so excited for what the future holds. I have the remainder of this week and two more full weeks of teaching the full day and then I start to ween off teaching, until my supervising teacher takes control of her classroom again. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is surprisingly bittersweet. I have always been the type of person who is always looking forward. The benefit of that is that I am usually a very prepared person and have lots of big plans I work for. The downside is that I don't live in the moment. One of my personal goals for a long time has been to work on enjoying the present more than waiting for the future. I have discovered though, that ALL teachers have to be like me and plan for the future. I mean, what other job does a person plan and plan and plan and plan and plan and plan? I am a very goal oriented person. What better job for me than being  teacher? I mean, really! A teacher's whole job is goal oriented. Everything we plan is a little piece of the big puzzle and a little step towards that big goal. I love it. I to think... Education was not my first choice! Thank goodness I had some divine intervention along the way and made the choice to go for teaching, because I love it! Now, once I graduate... I may be singing a different tune when I'm looking for a job... but I'll file that under "Don't worry about it and live in the moment."

This is a short post, but I am POOPED and it is only Wednesday! Enjoy the rest of your week, readers, and I'll "see" you on Friday with my next "Five for Friday" post!

No comments:

Post a Comment