Pinterest Twitter Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

June 14, 2015

Playing Catch-Up with the Link-Up!

How is it that the summer is sneaking past me?! Last week was a whirl! I returned from a much needed (but too short) cruise and then went it head first to the theater for summer auditions and the beginning of summer camp season.

I have a little catching up to do on a fun summer link-up hosted by I Heart Grade 3! Each week teacher bloggers from all over will be linking up their posts about a specific topic. 



Check out my post HERE for the first topic: Summer Goals!


The next couple of topics are in this single post. Let's go!


Why I Started Blogging:

I am an avid writer. I have kept a journal since the 6th grade and write in them constantly! I decided that I wanted to start a blog and did, but never found the right niche for it. I did a lot of book reviews. Then I did some recipes. Then I did some fitness related stuff. None of it really inspired me to continue blogging and it just kind of died out! Fast forward a couple of years, I was in my final internship/student teaching in college and discovered the amazing world of teacher bloggers! I was finding freebies and lesson plan ideas and all these wonderful things to incorporate into my internship and future classroom. I decided I would start a blog when I became a teacher to join in on all the fun. I told my husband about it and he said, "Why wait?" So, I jumped in and have never looked back! I love to try things I find on Pinterest, discuss hot topics with other teachers, support other teachers (bloggers and non-bloggers) and offer resources. I also love to just write write write!

It is no secret now, but if you are stopping by for the first time (welcome!), my blog is named after my dog, Daisy! My name is actually Amanda, but I get called Daisy all the time. No biggie! But the real Daisy is my little baby chihuahua! Well, not really a baby anymore... but... she's the inspiration for my blog and store name and brand!

Here she is... so stinkin' cute...


<3


Next up: An accomplishment I'm proud of! Truthfully, there are several things I've accomplished in life that I'm proud of. I followed a dream to become an actress and left my home town to pursue it, but was gravely disappointed. Following that dream broke me, but over time and with the help of people who love me, I was able to pick myself up. I learned so much about myself during those years, including my passion for teaching. Now I am certainly thankful for those hard years, but I definitely do not think back at them fondly.

I know this does not sound like much, but I think the accomplishment I'm most proud of myself for is getting myself where I am now. I live a pretty simple life all things considered and compared to where I was just a short 7 years ago, it is an accomplishment! I live in a house now (not the small apartment with 4 roommates I was used to) with the man of my dreams and my two fur-babies. I was able to go to college completely paid for by my employer (Best Buy) at the time. I overcame heartbreak and addiction. I am almost completely debt free at age 27. Although it took me a long time to accept the fact that my childhood dreams and plans for my adulthood did not pan out, I could not be happier with where this journey has led me. And I have been very lucky to combine both of my passions: theater and education; by teaching at a community theater. 






Thanks for sticking around and reading about me! I will be linking up again tomorrow ON SCHEDULE this time about "My Teaching Quirks." What are your teaching quirks? Link up with I Heart Grade 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment